These very tactile urns are polished with beeswax to achieve a glass-like, smooth finish. They would sit splendidly within the family home as a piece of natural artwork and discreetly hold the ashes of a loved one or family pet. In turning and crafting the urn – he exposes the very heart of the tree to provide a stunning display of natural colours and textured grains. The domed cap is finished with a beautifully engineered brass thread.
As each urn is turned from a single sourced log – no two urns are identical. Each urn is signed, numbered and comes with a certificate of authenticity. Some urns are finished with artistic metal embellishment – such as bronze work. Secure Haven also represent Les Grand Vents throughout Europe.
To help you with size and choose the correct urn Secure Haven have a simple step by step guide.
- Start by taking some digital scales and the container of ashes that you would have received from the crematorium.
- Place this box onto the digital scales and weigh the ashes.
- If your ashes are contained in a poly-tub – remove 230g from the additional weight if they are in a cremation box – remove 200g from the weight.
- Our rule of thumb is that for every kilogram of cremated remains – equates to 1 litre of ashes.
- This means if you have approximately 3 kilograms of cremated remains you will need to purchase an urn of between 3-4 litres in capacity.
- Secure Haven have urns to suit all needs available from 0.75 through to 8 litre capacities.
- If you are unsure about sizing an urn please call us on 01245 377057 and we will be able to assist you.