Hand finished in an artists studio – it is then plated in natural iron – copper or bronze – which produces the magical display of eye-catching colour. The urn is then highly lacquered creating a lovely sheen – containing UV protection. The urn is accessed from the base via an 80mm anodised aluminium threaded plug. This allows for easy interment and later additional interment as partners and pets are reunited after passing.
To help you with size and choose the correct urn Secure Haven have a simple step by step guide.
- Start by taking some digital scales and the container of ashes that you would have received from the crematorium.
- Place this box onto the digital scales and weigh the ashes.
- If your ashes are contained in a poly-tub – remove 230g from the additional weight if they are in a cremation box – remove 200g from the weight.
- Our rule of thumb is that for every kilogram of cremated remains – equates to 1 litre of ashes.
- This means if you have approximately 3 kilograms of cremated remains you will need to purchase an urn of between 3-4 litres in capacity.
- Secure Haven have urns to suit all needs available from 0.75 through to 8 litre capacities.
- If you are unsure about sizing an urn please call us on 01245 377057 and we will be able to assist you.